December 6, 2021
#CurrieWishList Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
This contest is only open to Calgary Region residents who are over the age of 18 years and is GOVERNED by Canadian Law.
Contest Entry Period
The #CurrieWishList Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to residents of the Calgary Region who are over the age of 18 years. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor (defined below) and that any personal information you provide will only be used for the administration of the Contest and will be done so in accordance with appropriate Albertan law.
Contest is open to residents of the Calgary Region who are 18 years or older, except employees, representatives, or agents (and those whom such persons domiciled, whether related or not) of Canada Lands Company (the “Sponsor”), Zero Gravity Marketing Inc. (the “Designated Representative”) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
Eligible residents must be able pick up their prizes from Calgary, Alberta.
How to Enter the Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
An eligible entrant can submit a valid entry into the Contest (the “Entry”) in two ways:
Method 1 Entry: Single Entry on Instagram
- Follow the @currielife account
- Like any of the contest posts posted between December 6–20, 2021.
- On the liked post(s), tag another Instagram user and state what your favourite part about the holiday season in Calgary, in the comments.
Note: Contest Entries on Instagram can be made on the Contest’s main announcement post on December 6, 2021, and/or on all other posts between December 6–20, 2021. Unlimited Method 1 Entries are permitted.
Method 2 Entry: Bonus Entry via Show Homes (1 bonus entry = 25 single entries)
- Visit in-person any of the actively selling Currie builder show homes and/or sales centre during open hours or a pre-determined appointment time, including:
- Crystal Creek Homes – show home at 212 Normandy Drive SW
- Dominium – sales centre at 3911 Trasimene Cresent SW
- Empire Custom Homes – show home at 110 Valour Circle SW
- Take a picture/selfie of yourself inside the show home and/or sales centre.
- Post the picture/selfie on Instagram, use the hashtag #CurrieWishlist and tag @currielife in your photo
Note: Only 3 Bonus Entries are permitted; 1 per show home or sales centre for a maximum of 75 total entries.
Contest Period: December 6, 2021 at 9:00am MDT to December 20, 2021 at 11:59pm MDT.
License, Waiver and Release
By entering the Contest, and submitting an Entry, you agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses relating in any way to publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
Right to Verify
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor or the Designated Representative reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor or the Designated Representative – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor or the Designated Representative deems necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative.
Winner selection will be run by the Designated Representative on behalf of the Sponsor.
The Designated Representative will conduct a random draw from all valid contest entries within three (3) business days of closing in order to select the eligible Winner. The odds of being selected to become an eligible Winner depend on the number of eligible entries at contest close in accordance with the Rules.
The Designated Representative will make a minimum of one (1) attempt to contact the eligible Winner within twelve (12) business hours of the draw date/time. If an eligible Winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day of the draw date/time, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the eligible Winner may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Designated Representative, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to be a Winner) and the Designated Representative reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries to become an eligible Winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible Winner).
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED WINNER (a “Winner”), the eligible Winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Designated Representative’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with the Rules; (ii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and their participation therein and; (iii) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, Instagram handle, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative in any manner whatsoever, including social media, print, broadcast, email or online. If an eligible Winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot be (or is unwilling to be) a Winner for any reason whatsoever; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of the Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor or the Designated Representative’s sole and absolute discretion); then they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to be a Winner) and the Sponsor or the Designated Representative reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries to become an eligible Winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible Winner). All information provided by the Winner will be held by the Designated Representative in accordance with Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act.
The Prizes and Approximate Retail Values
The Designated Representative will award the following at random (the “Prize”):
- One (1) floral winter centerpiece from Marlow Floralworks. The prize has a total value of $100.00 CAD (One Hundred Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) performance studio tank top, one (1) water bottle, and $100 off their summer camp tuition to The Performance Studio. The prize has a total value of $160.00 CAD (One Hundred and Sixty Canadian Dollars)
- One (1) family annual pass to The Military Musuems and one (1) mural of honour print. The prize has a total value of $160.00 CAD (One Hundred and Sixty Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) pass to ten (10) classes at Peak Fitness. The prize has a total value of $150.00 CAD (One Hundred and Fifty Canadian Dollars).
- Two (2) bottles of wine worth $100.00 CAD from Vino Chat Room. The prize has a total value of $100.00 CAD (One Hundred Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) $100.00 CAD gift certificate for for a Foundations Class at Barracks Fitness and one (1) $100.00 gift certificate to a Barracks Fitness membership. The prize has a total value of $200.00 CAD (Two Hundred Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) gift box containing three (3) 375ml bottled spirits from Burwood Distillery and one (1) $100 gift card to Burwood Distillery. The prize has a total value of $200.00 CAD (Two Hundred Canadian Dollars).
- Two (2) personal training sessions, one (1) consultation, and one (1) movement screening from YouFit Life. The prize has a total value of $168.00 CAD (One Hundred and Sixty-Eight Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) $200.00 gift card to H/W School of Ballet. The prize has a total value of $200.00 CAD (Two Hundred Dollars).
- One (1) $200.00 CAD gift card to Officers Pub/Flanders Fine Foods. The prize has a total value of $200.00 CAD (Two Hundred Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) core beer sampler flat and one (1) $100.00 CAD gift card to Wild Rose Brewery. The prize has a total value of $190.00 CAD (One Hundred and Ninety Canadian Dollars).
- One (1) personal training session and one (1) membership valid for one (1) month at WTM Muay Thai. The prize has a total value of $260.00 CAD (Two Hundred and Sixty Canadian Dollars).
The Designated Representative reserves the right to modify each Prize in its sole discretion, based upon, the circumstances of the contest, or other factors which may not be in the Designated Representative’s control.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to each Prize:
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash.
- No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure or malfunction of Instagram during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other material to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
Your personal information is collected and managed in accordance with all applicable laws. Any personal information obtained in the course of running the Contest will be used for administration and for marketing purposes for the Contest. Personal information will not be sold or distributed to any unrelated third party.
October 27, 2022
As Wee Wild Ones prepares to open their newest location in Currie, they’re hosting their annual fundraiser, the Monster March and Market, in the Currie community! Running in conjunction with their non-profit arm WilderFutures, the Monster March is raising money
October 5, 2022
Thirsty? It just might be time for a Vaycay! Meet Vaycay Brew Co.– your new must-try brewery in Currie. Joining Burwood Distillery in the Stables Building, your one-stop shop for handcrafted spirits and craft beer is opening soon. Think Global,
September 6, 2022
What is the Monster March As Wee Wild Ones prepares to open their newest location in Currie, they’ll be hosting their annual fundraiser, the Monster March and Market, right in the Currie community! The Monster March is on October 29th